Cyberspace touches nearly every part of our daily lives. It’s the broadband networks beneath us and the wireless signals around us, the local networks in our schools and hospitals and businesses, and the massive grids that power our nation. It’s the classified military and intelligence networks that keep us safe, and the World Wide Web that has made us more interconnected than at any time in human history. We must secure our cyberspace to ensure that we can continue to grow the nation’s economy and protect our way of life. (Barack Obama, President, United States) The above Statement reinforces the need of trained technical professionals in Cyber Security. To address this need of trained professionals the University has designed a Masters level Course in Cyber Security. This course aims at developing talent in the hitherto unexplored area of Cyber Security.
Cyber security is an emerging area in the field of Computer Science & Engineering. M.Tech in Cyber Security is aimed at producing the much needed highly skilled manpower in the area of Information Security. It offers many areas for specialization including: securing network(s) and allied infrastructure, securing applications, security testing, information testing, information systems auditing, penetration testing, forensic investigation and digital forensics science etc. Keeping all the facts in view this program is designed to create professionals trained in both cyber forensics and cyber security with best of technical talent.
Objective of Course
- To develop a human resource specialized in cyber crime investigation, which can be assistance to our law enforcement agencies.
- To prepare trained manpower needed for academics, R & D of ICT and related industries and research organizations.
- The approach shall be both multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary.
Entry Requirments Applicants
- Applicants who satisfy these criteria will be eligible for an entrance test.
- Minimum 55% marks (5% relaxation for SC/ST/PH).
- B.Tech in CS/ECE/IT.
- MCA with (BSc. (Maths) / BCA)
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- Course Syllabus
- The syllabus of M.Tech Cyber Security is.