Sardar Patel University of Police, Security and Criminal Justice has established ‘Centre for Road Safety’. The Centre acts as a capacity building and knowledge hub, developing practical solution which will reduce death and injury on roads while taking into account the changing road user community and environment. The Centre is taking up education, research, training extension activities, consultancy and capacity building in areas of road safety.
Objectives of the Centre
Centre for Road Safety has signed an MOU with Public Works Department, Government of Rajasthan to work on road safety issues pertaining to the following goals:
- Develop / enhance University based road safety research capacity in Rajasthan
- Develop accident,collision and crash the State's data reporting and analysis system in Rajasthan
- Develop knowledge transfer mechanism between university and PWD/transport department to improve road safety management system in Rajasthan.
- Assist PWD in procurement of sample state of the art equipment/ goods and associated training in the application of the equipment that would be used by states’ police/ transport department in their on-going road safety initiatives
Mandate of the Centre
- Organize education, research consultancy, training extension activities and capacity building progress in areas of Road Safety.
- Identify subjects and institutions for research in different areas of road safety and commission and fund research projects and publish research findings.
- Create linkages between research institutions at the local, regional and national levels.
- Establish centre of excellence in road safety research and education.
- Create the infrastructure and capacity for multidisciplinary cash and investigation investigation, data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Establish the procedure and methodology for data collection, transmission and analysis, at appropriate level and define the role of different agencies involved in the process.
- Maintain a comprehensive database on road safety related matters
Shri Manoj Bhatt,IPS
Director General of Police
Director, Centre for Road Safety
Ms. Prerna Singh
Co-ordinator, Centre for Road Safety
- Click Here For Download Recent Activity Details.
- World Day of Remembrance of Road Traffic Victims by Centre for Road Safety, SPUP Jodhpur.
- Presentation on World Day of Remembrance of Road Traffic Victims by Centre for Road Safety, 18-Dec-2015
Download Centre for Road Safety Progress Report 2014-15
Download Centre for Road Safety Brochure