The women's cell of SPUP Jodhpur was established in August 2013, in accordance with the directives of Honorable Supreme Court of India to ensure safety, security and dignity of women at workplace.
1. To create a congenial working environment which is free of sexual harassment or gender based discrimination for all women employees and students.
2. To heighten awareness and sensitivity to this important issue amongst all concerned.
Sexual Harassment Defined:
According to Supreme Court Judgment on Sexual Harassment, on the case of Vishakha vs. the State of Rajasthan (August 1977), the behavior that can be considered as sexual harassment has been explicitly, legally defined as following- Sexual Harassment includes:
1. Physical contact and advances.
2. Demand or request for sexual favors.
3. Sexually coloured remarks.
4. Display of pornography.
5. Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or nonverbal conduct of a sexual nature.
The critical factor in sexual harassment is the unwelcomeness of the behavior. Thus, it is the impact of behavior on the recipient, rather than the intent of the perpetrator which is to be considered.
|Internal Committee Member's List|
|Mrs. Dimple Panwar Arya||: Presiding Officer|
|Ms. Kriti Bharti||: Member NGO|
|Dr. Mithilesh Narayan Bhatt||: Member of ICC|