The Centre for Social Defense and Gender Studies has been set up at Sardar Patel University of Police, Security and Criminal Justice, Jodhpur. The Centre is approved by the Government of Rajasthan. The Centre is currently headed by Mrs. K. B. Vandana, IPS. Areas of concern of the Centre include social security to the children, gender sensitivity, sensitivity towards the aged, mentally and physically challenged persons and other marginalized groups. The Centre works as an academic and practical mediator for creating sensitivity and awareness among the public towards the weaker sections of the society.
Areas of Concern of the Centre
Social Security of Children
Sensitivity towards the aged
Mental and Physical Disability
Aim of the Centre
To work as an academic and practical mediator for creating sensitivity and awareness among the public towards the weaker sections of the society.
To conduct conferences, meeting, seminars, workshops and other sensitization and academic programmes on the issues of social defense and gender
Through continuous surveys, research and field level data collection, raise the issues of social defense and gender in front of the policy makers, implementing agencies and the Government
Conducting academic courses in social defense and gender studies
To act as a consulting agency on the concerned subjects
To act as a harmonizing link between the society and Governmental policies
To create awareness among the society towards the responsibilities of the citizens pertaining to the concerned issues
To render lawful assistance to the members of the public, particularly women, children and members of the weaker section of the society
Main functions of the Centre
The main functions of the centre shall include:
Dr. Alok Meena
|Mr. Arvind Raj Calla
Sardar Patel University of Police, Security and Criminal Justice
1.National Seminar on DR. B. R. AMBEDKAR: CONTRIBUTION TO NATION BUILDING , 13-14 April, 2016.Click to download details.
2. International Women's Day celebrated on 08-03-2016 at SPUP Campus.
3. 3 day State Level workshop on "Gender Budgeting in Policing" at Jaipur from 01.3.2016 to 03.3.2016.Click to download details.
4. One day Workshop conducted on Sexual Harassment and Stress Management at SPUP on 19-02-2016. Click to download details.
5. Three Day State Level Training Programme on "Social Defence Issues for Police Functionaries" from 18th to 20th January 2016 at RPA, Jaipur.
6. Three Day State Level Training Programme on "Gender Budgeting in Policing".
7. Three day workshop on "Gender Budgeting" from 16th to 18th December, 2015. Click to download details.
See gallery tab for event photos.
8. One day Workshop on "Sexual Harassment" at Workplace on 19/09/2014.
9. Two day "Sensitization workshop" for Police personnel on Transgenders on August 19-20, 2014.
10. Two Day National Workshop on "Combating Sexual Harrasment At Workplace: Organizational And Legal Framework"(27-28/03/2014)