There are about 3000 officers and staff of various categories in the Prison department. They are executive, ministerial, correctional, medical, technical and teachers. The state government and department have taken adequate measures for welfare and benefit of staff and their dependents. Rajasthan Prison Employees Welfare & Benefit Fund Rules 1994 Rajasthan Prison Employees Welfare Trust have been created to ensure employee welfare.
|Rajasthan Prison Employees Welfare & Benefit Fund Rules 1994
1. Providing financial assistance to the dependents of an employee who died in service;
2. Providing financial assistance to an employee who get injured while on duty;
3. Providing financial assistance to an employee for treatment of cancer/kidney transplant/open heart surgery and like in other states in case there is no provision of reimbursement in service rules;Providing scholarships to children of a member employee;
4. Providing financial assistance of actual fees upto a maximum of Rs. 300 per month for education of the dependents of an employee who died in service;
5. Providing vehicle to the an employee who died in service and financial assistance to dependents to carry his body to his native place in case government vehicle is unavailable;
6. Providing scholarships to children of a member employee;
7. Providing financial assistance for digging/deepening/repair of wells or digging bore- wells, electricity connection and installing water coolers & water purifiers;
8. Establishment of canteen and other welfare works at all jails for member employees and their dependents;
9. Establishment of guest houses at all central & district jails for member employees;
10. Creation of amenities for games & sports;
11. Organizing seminar/workshop/debate competitions for education and development of employees;
12. Providing TV/Radio/Tape recorder/cassettes/ VCR/CD/DVD player for entertainment of employees;
13. Providing financial assistance to buy sweets on national holidays and special occasions; and
14. Other welfare measures approved by Chairman/State level Executive Committee.
Sources of Funds -
1. Annual contribution by the state government; and
2. Annual slab-wise contribution by member employees.
|Rajasthan Prison Employees Welfare Trust|
Rajasthan Prison Employees Welfare Trust was established at headquarters in the year 1988. The major objectives of Trust are-
1. Providing financial assistance of Rs 11000/- to an employee's dependents in case of untimely death on duty and refunding contribution made to the Trust by him;
2. Refunding contribution by an employee on his superannuation after deduction of member fee of Rs 11/-.