Going Green! The concept aims to promote environment protection, water conservation, energy efficiency, use of recycled products and renewable energy.
- RPH&CCL is trying to incorporate these concepts in all its projects.
- Green Building is one that is environmentally responsible, profitable and a healthy place to live and work in.
- Green Buildings ensure that waste is minimized at every stage during the construction and operation of the building, resulting in low costs.
Features of Green Building
1. Sustainable Sites
- Measures to prevent erosion of soil
- Rainwater harvesting
- Landscapes to reduce heat islands
2. Water efficiency
- 25 - 30% reduction in use of potable water
- 100% recycling of waste water
- Water efficient landscaping
3. Energy and Atmosphere
- Use of world class energy efficient practices
- 30% reduction in energy over normal buildings
- Use of on-site renewable energy
4. Materials and Resources
- Storage and collection of recyclables
- Reuse of building materials
- Use of certified wood
5. Indoor Environmental Quality
- Use of VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) content material (paint, carpet, sealable)
- System controls to maintain IAQ (Indoor Air Quality)